Thursday 26 April 2012

Day 4: Parrots


I was browsing around a parrot forum the other day, to check whether some vegetable from the garden would be safe to give to the parrots. As I was reading through a thread about Parrots and diet, I read one post and I got a bit angry.
Giving your Parrot sunflower seeds (only or a lot) is bad for its health as it is very fatty and will cause liver problems later and your Parrot can die from it. Now, there was one person on the forum who disagreed with everyone about not giving your Parrots sunflower seeds, or at least very little. She stated that she herself doesn't follow a healthy diet, but she eats what she likes and this makes her happy -- so she does the same for her Parrot in the name of letting him do what he wants and 'love'.

So I got upset at that point because that's an absolutely ridiculous excuse as to why you're not feeding your animal a diet that's in the best interest of its body. Yet at the same time there's no point in getting angry as we've manifested these type of points all together -- myself included.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react into and as anger when reading that someone does not give an animal a diet that support their body best because they do not do it to themselves either

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that getting angry is not a solution towards human stupidity and ignorance

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself wanting to save the parrot

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to contribute to a world where self-interest prevails over what is best for all and within that what is best for each individual

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to contribute to a world where it is okay to abuse yourself and others because we all have the right of "free speech" and the right to do whatever we want as our human happiness is the only true and important measuring stick in terms of what has worth in this world and what doesn't

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that to defend opinion and doing "whatever you want" from the starting point of 'free choice' is also the acceptance and protection of abuse

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react to ignorance and the right of "free choice" instead of seeing and realising that I too am part of the cause of ignorance within this world

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that it is not justified for me to become angry at another as they are simply a reflection of my own human nature

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to value "what I like" and "what makes me happy" over what's best for all

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that if I start caring more about how I feel and less about how long I will live and support my body -- that there is a problem

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to disregard my body in how it functions, what it needs to take care of itself and what might be harmful for it -- all in the name of how I want to feel within my mind as energy -- completely disregarding the unconditional support the body provides me every day, every breath -- keeping me alive on this Earth.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that without my body I am just a thought

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to impose my opinions and beliefs unto my pets as what I believe they will like and will like me for it

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to care about what makes the body happy

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to only care about my minds wellbeing and within that neglect my body's well being

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not care or regard my body because I have no clue how it works and it's just kind of "there" doing all these "things"  -- instead of pushing and moving myself to find out how me as every part of myself including my body and all aspects which make up my body work and function and together hold together "me" as the sum of all the parts together in one body

When and as I see myself giving my mind precedence over my body -- I stop and I breathe. I see and realise that within feeding the mind I am starving my body and in essence killing myself slowly.

I commit myself to the creation and establishment of a world where the human physical body and animal bodies are part of basic education so that we may know how we function and act in a way that actually benefits us as bodies

I commit myself to the creation and establishment of a world where people won't have to stuff themselves with food for the sake of "feeling happy" in contrast to not being when not eating the particular food -- instead one is in a place of support where one is content -- all the time -- period.

I commit myself to the creation and establishment of a world where diet and food are part of basic education as one of the building blocks of the educational foundation within a child's life -- as food next to breathing is one of the most essential parts to living as we are currently living within the world and is thus really something that we should know about

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself wanting to save every parrot that I see being in misery

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that wanting to save all the parrots that I see as being in misery in terms of wanting to take care of them myself is practically not feasible and does not  address the real problem -- which is us human beings and our economic system as a reflection of our inner greed

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that there is nothing I can do for all the parrots, birds and animals suffering in the world as long as we don't fundamentally change the way we live and value things

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel sad that I cannot make a change or have a "quick fix" for all the animals suffering at the hands of human idiocy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel sad with myself within the realisation that I am part of the problem and cause of this horrific manifestation

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see and realise that I and everyone else as myself created this world, this condition -- it is not a sad situation "by accident" -- we created it to be this way

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to contribute to a world where it is okay to disregard other beings and where they are defined as "other species" which somehow makes it okay to treat them as "less than" and do with them whatever we want

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to contribute to a world where we trick and catch other beings so we can sell them and make money

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to contribute to a world where it is seen as normal to take away and destroy the homes of other beings because "hey we need more space to do "our thing"!"

I forgive myself that I haven’t ever accepted and allowed myself to WAKE UP in the face of all the atrocities that are happening in the world

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is all too much and too hard to change -- instead of seeing and realising that if we can create a perfect absolute fuck up we can create an absolute fucking paradise

I commit myself to the creation and establishment of a world paradise where all beings may live equal and support one another as ourselves as we would like to be supported -- a world where humans are truly changed and treat all other beings as animals and plants as equals

No comments: