Friday 21 January 2011

1 + 1 - Getting Everything Done - One thing at a Time

I’ve noticed that when I want to ‘take things on’ – I grab a whole bunch of points and I want to deal with them ‘right here’, ‘right now’ – rushing into it without actual consideration. It’s then more of a ‘wanting to get things done’ instead of taking each point on, one by one – and getting it done in actuality.

So now I am looking at what points I would like to have effectively in place in my realty – take a singular point on, take it into consistency until it is integrated completely as a part of my world, as a part of me. Once a point is completed – take on the next.

Because – just like a computer where there’s several programs running at the same time trying to execute things = it’s bound to get into trouble – so it’s best to just do one thing, one time – breath by breath.
With this I want to take on my back. I spend a lot of time working and sitting in front of my PC, if not most of the time and it is taking quite a toll on my back since I’m not sitting straight but move into all kind of weird positions to keep on re-balancing myself – instead if just keeping to one point – straight – supported, then there is no need to go into strange polarity positionings to balance myself out.

Gian almost reminds me everyday, to look at how I’m sitting and how it is not supporting my body – but I haven’t yet been able to will myself to get this point to a point of consistency.

So now I stick to this point – apply it – until it is done!

And then I move to the next point lol.

7 comments:

Mike Lammers said...

Leila (if I may advice you here because i've been sitting behind screens for more then 20 years).

Remove the back support of your chair or sit on a ball!
Do this for 2 weeks and youre body knows and will remind you. This works fast.

Good luck and keep it straight

Mike

Marlen said...

Cool thanks for sharing this - mike says sitting on a ball, that would be cool and fun - maybe using the other chair with the knee support may help as it has no back support - thanks for sharing I'll take on this point for myself as well.

Mike Lammers said...

A ball will give you a back like a gorilla but takes fitness (you are constantly correcting your balance) so you get tired sooner. The chair Marlen is refering to is perfect because you don't get tired so soon.

And don't forget to just stand up and stretch ones in a while. Or ride horses (sigh)...

Leila Zamora Moreno said...

I wonder if the Dogs will see the Ball as my Chair though and leave it alone...

I will investigate! At the moment I'm not using the back of my chair as it is 'too far away' and if I sit against it it's like I'm lying in the chair instead of sitting.

Mike Lammers said...

Desteni Welness Retreat
Sitting Straight Courses 2011

Moehahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/de_artsen/dogs_crd.htm

Anna Brix Thomsen said...

I got myself a big office chair that is wide enough for me to sit with crossed legs in it - that is quite effective for sitting straight - Other than that I can also recommend having a foot rest of some sort and to shift positions often

Leila Zamora Moreno said...

Cool Anna, I tried sitting with crossed legs on my current office Chair but there is not enough space - I'll keep my eyes open for any nicer office chairs when I'm in town