Monday 4 February 2013

Day 175: Mother Knows Best!

This blog is a continuation to:
Day 173: My Moral Code & Politics

Day 174: Don't talk Politics!

 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have reacted in fear and anxiety when I asked my mother about our neighbours political view/standpoint wherein she immediately assumed a stance of shock and perplexity to my question and where her words (Leila! You don't ask that type of questions! You don't ask people who they vote for, that's very inappropriate! You only talk about it with family. People have the right to keep their voting preferences a secret and you shouldn't ask about it') pierced through my ears and body so that I would never forget : you do no talk about and inquire about other people’s political views, it’s impolite and inappropriate

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have ‘stepped back’ within myself within hearing my mother’s response of ‘No you don’t talk about that’ , wherein I had taken her verbal response and emotional reaction personal within the belief that “I should have known this” -- where her verbal response and emotional reaction was so strong and so full of conviction that I interpreted this strong display of emotion as ‘she must be right if she feels so strongly about this – she must have good reason for her statement’

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have trusted my mother as being an authority on ‘how the world works’ because she has been here longer than I have and is still alive and well off in the current system and so I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that as long as I safely and carefully walk in my mother’s footsteps and do as she did, I will end up in a safe place

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have concluded from my mother’s intense negative response in relation to asking about other people’s political views/standpoints that ‘bad things will happen if you ask/talk about other people’s political views/standpoints’

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have immediately integrated, without questioning that ‘everyone deserves to keep their political views/standpoints secret’ and ‘other people’s political standpoints/views are none of my business’

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to have trusted myself within the moment where I experienced a slight discomfort within me when hearing my mother’s instructions on how to deal with politics in public life – as I found it strange and peculiar that one would not want to know/inquire about one’s neighbours political standpoint/views if they are considered to be ‘one’s friends’ – and where it was strange that this aspect of a ‘friend’ ‘s life would be okay to be secret/hidden – as obviously one’s political standpoint/point of view tells/shows a lot about where a person is standing in their Life and what their approach is to Life, and this is something I would want to know about within my friends

No comments: