Tuesday 5 February 2013

Day 176: Does Wisdom come with Age?

This blog is a continuation to:
Day 173: My Moral Code & Politics

Day 174: Don't talk Politics!

Day 175: Mother Knows Best!


When and as I see myself react within fear and anxiety when a person responds to me within strong conviction and emotion -- I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that my fear and anxiety is originating from not understanding what is going on within the situation and not knowing how to place the person's emotionally charged response into context -- and so I commit myself to stop, breathe and ground myself out of the fear into my body so that I can hear what is being said instead of react and work only with that

When and as I see myself react within immediate acceptance when receiving a response from an adult / any person older that me from the starting point that 'they know best' - I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that the viability of a person's answer/response does not rest on age but on the words spoken and their mathematical relationship within common sense -- and so I commit myself to within those moments, stop, breathe and listen/hear to the words being said/shared and to consider the words spoken and what their implications are and assess from there instead of using age as an only variable of validity

When and as I see myself react to a person conveying a message within strong conviction and emotion and interpret this behaviour as 'if he/she feels so strongly about this, he/she must have good reason for this statement and is probably right' -- I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that how a person feels about a particular point does not increase the viability of the statement / point -- but is only an indicator of just that = how the person feels/experiences the point and so I commit myself to breathe and let go of the idea that conviction/strong emotion = truthfullness and move myself to hear the words spoken / shared and consider the viability of the system within the context of the words spoken/shared only within investigating their relationship and implications and whether or not these stand within what is Best for All Life

When and as I see myself go into a zombie mode of merely accepting what is being said to me from the starting point of "parents know best -- they've survived in this world for so long, there must be truthfulness in what they say" -- I stop and I breathe, I see and realise that this form of reasoning cannot be trusted as this only implies that they have been able to follow/comply with the system but this in itself does not say anything about the truthfulness/validity of the system itself

When and as I see myself wanting to ask/inquire about another person's political standpoint/point of view and react to this within the belief/anticipation/fear/anxiety that "bad things will happen if I do this" -- I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that this is a response pattern that was instructed to me which I accepted and allowed within me without testing out whether the statement is actually real and so I commit myself to simply inquire/ask and receive the response unconditionally

When and as I see myself react to other people inquiring/asking/commenting on my political standpoint / point of view within an experience of offense wherein "everyone deserves to keep their political views/standpoints secret/private" and "my political standpoints/views are none of anyone else's business’-- I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that I am running on an outdated script copied from my parents and so I commit myself to stop, breathe and respond openly and within that I commit myself to investigate my experience within sharing openly and identifying/flagging any points of uncomfortability for further self-investigation and correction

When and as I see myself seeing a point within another words which I do not see as making sense, such as having friends but not being open about one's political view with them, and going into a response of 'nah' and brushing away / suppressing the point as non-important / me probably being wrong -- I stop and I breathe -- I see and realise that I have the ability to hear and assess words and so I commit myself to speak when such a point arises and open up the point -- because even if I am wrong I will then be able to see why and correct myself rather than brushing away the point and not doing anything with it while at the same time not really being satisfied/understanding of the answer given to me

No comments: