Thursday 15 November 2012

Day 111: Is Crying a Sign of Weakness?

This blog is a continuation to:
Day 109: Stop Crying! Everyone's watching You!
Day 110: Fear as Quick Fix Parenting Technique

 
When and as I see myself react to feeling like crying or seeing another cry/about to cry and react to this within thinking and judging it as being ‘weak’, ‘shameful’ and something that ‘shouldn’t be done in public’ – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise where this idea comes from as an idea that is imposed unto reality and has no valid basis – and so I commit myself to let go of the ideas and judgments and allow myself to be here and ground myself within and as my human physical body through breath


When and as I see myself listening to an authority figure such as parents – and simply accepting every word which is being said without looking at its implications and testing it for myself – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that I am allowing myself to ‘zone out’ and just absorb which is a form of abdicating self-responsibility, where I place the accuracy of the information as a responsibility of the authority figure where I am not in a position to question this – and so I commit myself to snap out of this zombie mode and listen actively to every word spoken and test the words to see if they are indeed common sense and best for all


When and as I see myself reacting to someone telling me to stop doing something because everyone is looking at me and then considering to stop because of this argument – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that “everyone’s watching you” is only a valid argument if I allow it to be, but is only valid if one allows fear of what others think of you to have power over oneself and so I commit myself to within that moment stop, breathe and check what is actually going on instead of immediately wanting to stop due to the all wining “everyone’s watching you” argument


I commit myself to disengage the relationship connections within myself between ‘crying’ and: ‘weak’, ‘shameful’ and ‘not in public’


When and as I see myself getting angry/irritated at someone when they use the ‘Stop doing this or that, everyone’s watching you’-card – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that I am only angry because I am accepting and allowing the “Stop doing this or that, everyone’s watching you’-card to work in terms of allowing it to induce a negative energy charge/experience within me upon which I then stop whatever I am doing, because I do fear everyone watching me – and so I commit myself to assume Self-Responsibility within not participating within reactions of anger/irritation and to not let the factor of ‘everyone’s watching you’ to play a role within my Self-Direction


When and as I see myself experiencing a negative energy charge to the point of crying as ‘weakness’, ‘shame’ and ‘embarrassment’ – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that I am acting upon a programmed response-pattern integrated during childhood and so I commit myself to correct myself and let go of the associations of weakness, shame and embarrassment and to unconditionally explore the manifestation of crying as myself


When and as I see myself reacting within anger to someone using my own emotions against me – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that there is no-one to blame but myself through allowing myself to be directed and stimulated by emotions and feelings to guide my actions rather than common sense principled living – and so I commit myself to snap out of the anger/blame mode and take responsibility for my inner-reality


When and as I see myself wanting to hide or suppress my tears when I feel tears well-up – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that I am still holding on to the belief that crying is ‘weak’, ‘shameful’ and ‘embarrassing and should thus not be done in public’ and so I commit myself to not suppress and hide but cry right then and there just to get over with it


When and as I see myself access the belief that ‘people will think badly of you’ is a valid argument as to why one should not do something – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that this is just one of the many belief patterns we copy blindly from our parents as society as being a ‘valid’ and ‘meaningful’ argument, while it is not at all – and so I commit myself to disengage this belief and allow myself to use practical common sense insight


When and as I see myself accessing the belief that doing anything where people might possibly be thinking badly of you as being a ‘ No No’ – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that this is simply a belief, and beliefs can be disregarded and so I commit myself to let go and not use this factor as a meaningful component in my every day decision-making


When and as I see myself wanting to use negative reinforcement to get someone to behave the way I want them to, by deliberately saying and doing things of which I know will create a negative experience inside the other that will ‘shut them down’ as wanting a ‘quick fix’ to whatever I am faced with – I stop and I breathe – I see and realise that such a reaction as a ‘quick fix’ does not come without consequence and is thus not a real fix at all and so I commit myself to within those moments breathe, slow down, investigate what is going on and act within common sense rather than impulsiveness as fear


I commit myself to bring about a world where Parents are educated in the ways of the Mind so that they can be Fit Parents capable of parenting and educating their children to truly prepare them to Live Effectively within this world as will happen within an Equal Money System

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: